BSA Owners Group

• May 28, 2018, 06:29:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 269 times)

cymbur

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Birmingham
  • Postcode: B29
New to the forum
« on: January 24, 2018, 05:17:16 PM »

Did not know this forum existed until a few days ago and now here I am.  Used a supersport since a teen and now using a goldstar (springer).

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown.
  • Postcode: WA7
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 06:45:37 PM »

Hello .... welcome to  the BSAOG!   :welcome: 
Les

Tervueren

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Crawley Down
  • Postcode: RH10 4JG
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:07:42 PM »

Welcome, reasonably new myself, not the busiest of forums, I don't know why considering how many BSA guns are out there, loads of peeps in here with considerable knowledge who are more than willing to offer advice, enjoy your stay

RANCiDTOM

• Registered Firearms Dealer
  • BSAOG Technical Officer
  • Postal Town: MANCHESTER (not Swindon)
  • Postcode: SN2
  • Not scared to speak the truth!
    • www.airgunclinic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »

Over the years there have been people who joined this forum and started causing arguments. For a while we put up with it but some of it started to get quite personal and even threatening. The moderation team weeded out most of the troublemakers and banned them but of course some of the troublemakers had their "fan club" who either carried on the trouble or just kept stirring up other trouble causers.
This situation caused many of the dissenters and their followers to go to other forums claiming the BSAOG to be too rigid and unforgiving, that we have no sense of humour or even that we are downright authoritarian. I beg to differ, we do understand and encourage discussion but we don't wish to allow people to give out unsafe or illegal ideas to "help" other members. We also won't tolerate threats or intimidation from people who want their views published if we feel their views to be unsafe, illegal or unhelpful to the shooter and the shooting community generally.
You can be pretty sure that information you see on this forum is as accurate as we can possibly make it, we make efforts to filter out the rumours and myths from the facts so don't be upset or disappointed if you make a post and find it is pointed out that other members think differently so long as it remains a polite and reasoned debate it's fine, if anything can be confirmed factually it will be, so again, don't get upset if somebody corrects you but also never be afraid to ask!
My postcode isn't SN2 it's M21!
GMP Registered Firearms Dealer
Gunsmith for AirGunClinic
http://www.airgunclinic.co.uk  back up and running...
Pages: [1]   Go Up