BSA Owners Group

• October 15, 2018, 09:41:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Land to shoot  (Read 1342 times)

Rapid7max

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Grassmoor
  • Postcode: S42
Land to shoot
« on: April 26, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »

Would it be a good idea to make a link for shooters who have land to shoot who would like help, or land owners who want insured shooters to dispatch some vermin or am I just dreaming, I have noticed that people who have more land that they can handle never ask for help or never just want to give a fellow shooter a couple of good shooting hrs Is it that people are scared to offer anybody else a bit of shooting cause they think they will go back behind there backs, I do know of one incident where that this has happened, it is a shame if this is the case as I'm sure there are loads of people that would jump at the chance to have a shoot even if it's just a one, I'm sure most people will never go back again unless asked and who knows new friendships may be made. I have no land to shoot and I've got some so called friends that have but would never ask and shy away if I ever mention it. 
So if you have more land than you can handle or just fancy having a bit of company now and again, clear it with the land owner and make someone happy even if it's just a one off people with land to shoot would be grateful for ever.

Crusty

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Telford
  • Postcode: TF6
Re: Land to shoot
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:16:28 AM »

I think one of the problem with letting others shoot on your permissions is one of trust.

I have one where I can take invited guests to to shoot at any number of targets..........but no vermin.

Another is strictly myself, my son and the landowner only.  His argument is that he knows our shooting standards, and as he has livestock, he doesn't want any more than the minimum number of shooters on his land.

I mentioned trust:  A friend of mine took some 'friends' onto a permission he had, and suddenly found they had passed on the details to a third party who decided to start shooting there.  When stopped by the farmer, this guy had the cheek to say that my friend had told him it was ok to shoot there..........They'd never even met!  My friend no longer has that permission.

Shooting rights are hard won, but can be easily lost.

Regards

Richard

riggsmakaveli

• BSAOG Marksman
  • Postal Town: Preston
  • Postcode: PR1
  • If it dies, it dies
    • Airgun Shooter
Re: Land to shoot
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:51:20 PM »

Some interesting points there Max.

Unfortunately permissions are closely guarded hidden secrets, they are nowadays near impossible to obtain and if you have one you will not share it no matter how big or small it is.

Yes trust is another issue.

I like to think of a permission to be like a woman.

When you have one, it's yours and no one else is allowed near it.
If you have more than one you don't tell anyone, just incase one jeaprodises the other.
If you share your permission with others they soon get over shot, or over used and theirs no game left after a while.
The owners of the permission don't like seeing them abused.
ATB
Riggsmakaveli(Ray)
Pages: [1]   Go Up