BSA Owners Group

• August 01, 2014, 04:58:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: theoben rapid mk2  (Read 2785 times)

darran77

• BSAOG Marksman
  • Postal Town: Old Goole
  • Postcode: DN14
  • strange member
theoben rapid mk2
« on: July 29, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »

I have been down to a gun shop locally today for a refill of my cylinder and while i was there i had a look at the gunpower stealth 2000 , a nice gun but i was disapointed with the safety (noisy) action (noisy) and the feel so that is off the menu .
But while i was there i was shown a theoben rapid mk2 (second hand) complete set up and a price of £550. , now i was realy tempted right up the the time the wife text me "i hope your NOT buying any more guns?" i got 3 she knows about  . Is this a good price as it's almost brand new .
daz
AA TDR .177
HW100TK .177
Ultra SE .177
pigeons - lost count bunnys -   rat's -  squizzers -  crows

bigman

• BSAOG Global Moderator
  • Postcode: CB24
  • Lead follow or get out of my way
Re: theoben rapid mk2
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »

if its the newer Mk2 with the Mk4 trigger then its a excellent price mate, as long as its in good condition , you can tell if its a early or later one by the safety catch the early ones have the safety on the side of the action the next one has it in front of the trigger , nipple shaped then the latest one again has it in front of the trigger but its a blade shaped similar to the trigger, another thing to check is that the anti tamper disc is still in place just to make sure its not been butchered internally ,

Grant
Beast from the East

paulS

• BSAOG Honoured Member
  • Postal Town: Selby
  • Postcode: YO8
  • IF IT'S NOT 177 GO PART-EX IT FOR 1
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »

Sounds like a good price to me. Where do you class as your local RFD? If it's Mooredges you can guarentee it's priced right, Sid's a decent bloke to deal with.
Paul.
HW80 B&C tuned .177
GAYSTATE MK3 .177
JB Scorpion .177 (on loan)
MK3 S10 BBK .177
http://planetairgun.com/index.php

darran77

• BSAOG Marksman
  • strange member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 12:21:09 AM »

well the guy at euroguns say's it's almost new and has not been messed with and i think over the chrono 11.5 .
I have not been to moorends yet so cant make a comment , my local is Ray's in Goole ,
a decent chap who recomended me to pop down to euroguns and have a look as they carry a large range  .
I feel tempted to call in on sat and see what they will offer me against it with my XL tac , as they wouldnt give me a price without seeing it.
daz

darran77

• BSAOG Marksman
  • strange member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 12:23:07 AM »

One thing i forgot to ask them was how do you refill them , is there a port on the gun or is it a take off the buddy bottle job ? .
daz

paulS

• BSAOG Honoured Member
  • Postal Town: Selby
  • Postcode: YO8
  • IF IT'S NOT 177 GO PART-EX IT FOR 1
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 07:52:49 AM »

You unscrew the buddy bottle to fill them. Euroguns gave me a fair price on a part ex (only time Ive ever made a profit) if you see little John not deaf John he will give you an honest opinion on value but as he favours Airarms will probably try selling you an S400 instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up