BSA Owners Group

• December 13, 2018, 03:20:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solware Tamworth  (Read 2064 times)

bigtony

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postal Town: swadlincote
  • Postcode: de11
Solware Tamworth
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »

Don't spend your hard earned cash here pig ignorant staff if there are more than two customers I was the invisible man won't be spending another penny with them properly disgusted! /hell no/

villaman

• BSAOG Marksman
  • Postal Town: Wimborne Dorset
  • Postcode: bh21
Re: Solware Tamworth
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »

I have had some good dealings with them but on the last occasion ,it was all to much trouble for them and told me to ring back on another day and never I never phoned again

bigtony

• BSAOG Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »

That's shocking mate it seems they are ok when you spend hundreds but smaller sales of under £50 they just can't be bothered and the crap they come out with and sales pitch is ridiculous one of the guys told me they had an HW35 export in doing 20 ftlb because of the long barrel and trying to fob people off with vmx lubed pellets as they will up your guns power to the legal limit like I said iam done with them all the best.Big Tony  /soz//

Covgun

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Coventry
  • Postcode: CV2 1PW
Solware Tamworth
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 07:21:54 AM »

Can only say good things about this shop. Every time I've been in there they have taken their time with me. I went in looking for a Daystate silencer which was priced at more than £50 but they took their time trying my rifle with different silencers a HW a Swift and the Daystate . It was agreed by all staff ,yes they all stopped what they were doing to take part in the test. It was agreed that the HW and swift were better than the DS one and there was nothing in it between the HW and swift apart from the fact the swift was £3 cheaper and I was told £3 is an extra pint in the pub and so was sold the swift. They could have simply said "one Daystate silencer there you go sir" and I would have been none the wiser.

I also mentioned I didn't have a clue what power my brocock contour was putting out and one member of staff said they would find out, filled my gun and ran it through the chrono foc

This was my first time in the shop and left me with a good impression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtony

• BSAOG Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:25:42 AM »

You have to say as you find it seems the more you spend the better you get treated never known customer service like it all my dealings will be with Sandwell Field Sports now they have time for everyone if you spent £3 on a o ring or £300 on something else the service is great iam afraid Solware won't be getting any more business from me all the best.Big Tony  /oi/

Covgun

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Coventry
  • Postcode: CV2 1PW
Solware Tamworth
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 11:40:07 AM »

You have to say as you find it seems the more you spend the better you get treated never known customer service like it all my dealings will be with Sandwell Field Sports now they have time for everyone if you spent £3 on a o ring or £300 on something else the service is great iam afraid Solware won't be getting any more business from me all the best.Big Tony  /oi/
If you read the airgun forum UK  sfs have been getting a right slating for their customer service. As for having to spend more money to get good service in solware, I spent a measly £40 and everyone stopped what they were doing to help me decide which silencer to buy. They told me not to buy the stupidly priced Daystate one but to go with a far cheaper version that did the job better. Having said that the op isn't just making this up, maybe he caught them on a bad day like the other people caught sfs on a bad day.

First impressions last and the shop staff should realise you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:42:55 AM by Covgun »

spiderman

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: harrogate
  • Postcode: hg1
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »

bloody awful service i got there never been back and i wont go back simple /ahhh1/

bigtony

• BSAOG Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »

Like I said it just properly got my back up I know people have off days it's called being human but if you alienate paying customers at some point you will come a cropper repeat business is a big part of shops finances but iam afraid where Solware are concerned the damage is now done I have to work really hard to save money for my hobby and sport that's why good customer service is always appreciated all the best mate.Big Tony  /thasnxxxx/

SteveO

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Birmingham
  • Postcode: B24
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »

I'm sorry you have had less than satisfactory service from Solware lately.

What you have to bear in mind is that they have a fairly compact environment to work in and a lot crammed into a little space, coupled with the fact that some of the staff behind the counter are friends and volunteers that give their time freely to serve customers (rather than stand on the shop floor side drinking tea and taking up valuable space yakking)  with simple orders, pellets etc...

I have been a big spender In the shop in the past, I also went to school with one of the members of staff but I still have to stand and wait in the queue sometimes... without preferential treatment (non suggesting that's what you're after btw) but they are very busy nearly all of the time.

When they are not busy, they will often make you a cuppa and bring out the cakes and engage you in a long conversation without trying to hurry you away. I've had help with gaining permissions and other advice which was given freely, even getting personal invites to join them in their activities.

Customer service was second to none when I had warranty issues with a rifle I had bought even going as far as contacting the MD of the company to sort it out once and for all!

Yes they get busy, sometimes you feel like you are being ignored or you have to wait but none of it is done specifically to upset! My personal belief is they work very hard, They would benefit from bigger premises and more paid staff, the tortoise appears to have outgrown its shell!

atb

SteveO.

bigtony

• BSAOG Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »

I appreciate your comments buddy and would agree to a degree but please and thank you costs nowt iam neither penny wise or pound foolish I was treated with absolute disregard so that's me done I know we are only human not robots apart from Rancid Tom(no offence intended)all the best bud.Big Tony  /thasnxxxx/

enfieldspares

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Leicester
  • Postcode: LE9 2BN
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 02:35:14 PM »

Interesting. I phoned them up in mid-January 2015 and also was very quickly disappointed with the lack of interest in my query. So it's not just me that also found their customer interface skills poor. So I went elsewhere and bought elsewhere.

kawasaki man

• BSAOG Honoured Member
  • Postal Town: London
  • Postcode: SE9
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 07:03:40 PM »

I 've spent quite a few bob at my local gunshop over the past 6 years. 5 airguns and a rimfire, not to mention all the rest of the gear. They know me by my first name, and of course most times I pop in  I'm on the bike. So when my mate said he wanted a gun, I told him to ring them, told him who to ask for, and to mention my name. Wasn't looking to get him a super discount, but thought it might boost the "take him seriously" factor.
When I saw him, he was pretty miffed. Apparently he told them what he was thinking of, and said that John on the motorbike had recommended them. And the reply (from the bloke I always deal with) appears to have been "John who?  Motorbike? Don't know him. Anyway, what do you want, I'm busy". He hung up.
Consequently we went to a different gunshop, where the bloke took time talking to my mate, and he bought a PCP and a load of other stuff. And as he now owns a farmhouse with land attached, there will of course be more. So apart from losing the sale of a gun (probably several guns) "my" gunshop now has me thinking " exactly how much of a valued customer am I, really?"

ultra stu

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: bristol
  • Postcode: bs48
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 09:45:25 PM »

Ive only been to solware once .just happened to be passing so popped in for a butchers .found the staff knowledgeable  and keen to help .i fancied a gun, they let me paw over it .fit a scope and try it on there little range .with free air and a choice of pellets .i then beat them down on  price and walked out the shop with the most accurate gun ive ever owned .result .
I would live in that shop if i lived closer .

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
  • Postal Town: birmingham
  • Postcode: ws90pe
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 04:29:35 PM »

This shop is close to me and i understand everyones comments above and frustrations with them as i had some bad experiences with them with a rifle and it ended up back and forth to the manufacturers several times. I eventually demanded my money back after an argument/ debate and was far from happy with the service. Upon receiving my refund the same day i was in SANDWELL FIELD SPORTS  buying my new rifle and will always be a loyal customer to Tony Wall... himself and his staff are extreemly helpful and very knolagble people with banter cups of tea and food. I couldnt possibly fault sandwell field sports with anything. TOP COMPANY whether your visiting or buying. Az
Pages: [1]   Go Up