BSA Owners Group

• December 13, 2018, 03:20:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: City Air Weapons Solihull (Nothing to do with Lincoln)  (Read 782 times)

markkeogh

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Redditch
  • Postcode: B980QQ
    • Cooking Good Food on a Budget
City Air Weapons Solihull (Nothing to do with Lincoln)
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:39:25 AM »

Posted a comment on AGBBS but also though it would be good to post the majority of it on here as they have a good stock of BSA's and support them.
"I bought a gun from a remote little shop in the back of Solihull (West Midlands) some years ago and have since dropped out of airgunning over the years.
Now back and I decided to pop in to City Air Weapons, Solihull (and nothing to do with the one in Lincoln which doesn't seem to have too good a rep) as I now work over that way and what a great little gem of a place still!
I spent an hour and a half discussing my plans, wishes and finances I might have available soon (possibly) and was totally honest about window shopping but they handed me gun after gun, different types and styles and chatted about guns, motorbikes, life in general and nearly everything else including a little 10m gun club local to me that I knew nothing about for my daughter to go and shoot at (which we will be there on Monday).
Lots of advice, no pressure and a real joy to be in there.
It's a quirky little shop but I would recommend anyone to pop in there, they sold me a great, mint TX200 many years ago and going back they were still just a pleasure and as soon as I've got some more money I'm going in to see what they've got.
Great guys and a great welcome.
"
Still not great believer in PCP for me but they've got a GRT I wouldn't mind trying!!!!
What might happen if  put my existing XL and an XL GRT together in the same cupboard?
Is it my age or is everyone starting to tick me off?

Tony 22b

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Solihull
  • Postcode: B36
Re: City Air Weapons Solihull (Nothing to do with Lincoln)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »

I have been using City air weapons for years and was always very well looked after by its former owner Steve, i am actually off there today for the first time since it changed ownership to pick up a Goldstar, first BSA since the R10's hopefully the finish is better than those. 

markkeogh

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Redditch
  • Postcode: B980QQ
    • Cooking Good Food on a Budget
Re: City Air Weapons Solihull (Nothing to do with Lincoln)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 11:55:36 PM »

There you go!
Went along thinking my daughter could have my Lightning and I'd treat myself and I came out with a brand new Weihrauch 99S for my daughter and I've still got the Lighting!!!
C'est la vie.
Great pair of fellows though.
Spent another hour and a half and got a cup of tea, albeit I'd now bought a gun!
What am I doing wrong?best three hours I've spent over a couple of days though to be honest.
Again, what am I doing wrong or is this a good thing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up