Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combro  (Read 2471 times)

Hoggy

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Wirral
  • Postcode: CH61
Combro
« on: May 17, 2015, 07:58:16 PM »

Bought a Combro Jan 2015 .. lent to my son in law. He tried cocking his HW 99 by grasping hold of the Combro. Result was broken case. I managed to use it with the damaged case. After a month or so began to get odd readings. So boxed it up enclosed a cheque and sent it to Combro Ltd.

Few days later, Combro arrives. Cheque returned. Chap said it had a dodgy LED therefore he classed the whole repair as warranty "even the damaged casing" .. thats what l call service ...

Airtech/BSA Ultra Se .177 - 12 bore AYA Yeoman SBS  - Webley 12 bore Model 100  - Bettinsoli Silverline 20 bore 0U

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
  • Postal Town: birmingham
  • Postcode: ws90pe
Re: Combro
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:21:27 PM »

Very good service. Ive just bought one with there software lead. And a adapter to link to computer. Has anyone done this if ao wht soft ware do you use as i cant find any software to download for free

dlloyduk

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Washington, Sunderland. NE37
  • Postcode: NE37
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 11:26:44 PM »

I use chrono connect with home made USB lead.  Works well found it bit of a fart on installing and registering it but works on my laptop no problem well worth a tenner.
http://www.chronoconnect.com/

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 11:32:07 PM »

I use chrono connect with home made USB lead.  Works well found it bit of a fart on installing and registering it but works on my laptop no problem well worth a tenner.
http://www.chronoconnect.com/

This is the one i always end up falling back on. Which one do you need to download / buy as there was new and old versions when i looked the other day. Also what was had to set up..my lead is the original chrombro lead but had to buy a rs232 to usb adaptor. Yet to test it all

harvey 21

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: ROWLEY REGIS
  • Postcode: B65 0QE
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 12:51:37 PM »

i must say that robin at combro has excellent after sales service ,after a friend shot a pellet through it (break barrel hw80)
i thought i would have replace it rang robin ,sent £7.50 cheque got replacement back in 2 days would recomend him

kawasaki man

• BSAOG Honoured Member
  • Postal Town: London
  • Postcode: SE9
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 01:22:43 AM »

How refreshing to hear tales of customer service as it should be. BSA, are you reading this?
A chrono is one thing I haven't got (London Boy and Viper will readily bring theirs round, thanks lads) but no doubt I will get one and it will be a Combro.

ultra stu

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: bristol
  • Postcode: bs48
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 07:14:49 AM »

Ive shot mine a couple of times and ive patched it up and stuck it back together .and it still works . :sign0175:

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 10:34:39 AM »

The alignment tool is a well worth peice of kit. Donyou guys do the readings with or without the silencer on as will it effect the power?

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown.
  • Postcode: WA7
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 11:16:35 AM »

The alignment tool is a well worth peice of kit. Donyou guys do the readings with or without the silencer on as will it effect the power?

I always left the moderator on. I doubt very much whether you'll notice any difference power-wise ..... no doubt somebody will try and blind us with science and say that it will, but I wouldn't worry about it.  :wink:
Les

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 11:51:48 AM »

I want to take mine to an rfd to compare results to see how accurate it is

RANCiDTOM

• Registered Firearms Dealer
  • BSAOG Technical Officer
  • Postal Town: MANCHESTER (not Swindon)
  • Postcode: SN2
  • Not scared to speak the truth!
    • www.airgunclinic.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »

Not every RFD has a calibrated chrono so beware of what your RFD tells you. The only way to check a Combro properly is to fix it on the gun and shoot through a Skan while the Combro is attached, record the results, if you get within 1% there's no need to re-calibrate.
My postcode isn't SN2 it's M21!
GMP Registered Firearms Dealer
Gunsmith for AirGunClinic
http://www.airgunclinic.co.uk  back up and running...

RANCiDTOM

• www.airgunclinic.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 12:17:05 PM »

Silencers and chronos aren't a problem, silencers don't knock power down unless the pellet clips. You will be taking the reading from the length of the silencer away from muzzle rather than actual MV and as we all know the pellet should be slowing as soon as it leaves the muzzle but this amount isn't significant. It'll be less than 1% over the first yard so nowt to worry 'bout over a few inches.
Skan chronos come with a warning that some silencers can have effects on the recorded velocity but also they tell you to keep the muzzle at least 10" (254mm) from the chrono to stop air blast affecting the chrono, it could vibrate the sensors and cause inaccurate results. They claim some silencers concentrate the air blast but this I think applies far more to "air strippers" which can actually increase MV by a few FPS depending on design and how they're set up. I wouldn't recommend attempting to try to use a Combro on a gun with a stripper attached.

ultra stu

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 12:53:27 PM »

Silencers dont reduce velocity .they often make a pellet impact point lower due to the weight of the silencer pulling the barrel down a touch .hence why people get confused thinking the pellet must be slower cos it dropped more .
muppets 

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 01:43:03 PM »

Thats a good bit of info, i think my local rfd has a fully calibrated chrono every oyher month as i was told the police have there guns checked there every now and then. Is that the actual reason for them dropping then? They barrel moves from the weight of the silencer?

ultra stu

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 05:07:11 PM »

About 99/100

RANCiDTOM

• www.airgunclinic.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »

The police calibrate their chrono's every 12 months, Skan (who make the chrono that the police use) advise their commercial (airgun shop or forensic laboratory) and home use chronos are calibrated every 12 months. There's no need to calibrate once a month so either your gunsmith is telling you porkies or you misheard him.

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 10:13:42 PM »

Yeah thats what i was told may have got the info wrong himself i dont no but seem genuine. I just hope this combros accurate with no gaulse readings

ultra stu

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 10:27:09 PM »

Combro will be spot on mate .every one ive ever used has worked and been accurate .

kawasaki man

• BSAOG Honoured Member
  • Postal Town: London
  • Postcode: SE9
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 05:28:22 PM »

Thanks, Stu.
I must say that I've been impressed with the 2 I've borrowed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up