BSA Owners Group

• March 19, 2019, 08:13:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buccaneer  (Read 2783 times)

Ratty47

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Hastings
  • Postcode: tn38
Buccaneer
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:22 PM »

Hi, So can I buy a Buccaneer in UK ? Or has any one purchased one from abroad and would it be cheaper?
BSA Ultra SE 22 
 Yukon Photon
A.A. Pro sport 22
HW80 22 HW90 22
 HW100 22

rkr

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Finland
  • Postcode: 33950
Re: Buccaneer
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 10:12:32 AM »

Hi, So can I buy a Buccaneer in UK ? Or has any one purchased one from abroad and would it be cheaper?

It's called Gamo Coyote in UK.
Huub Viking Mk2 Bullpup.177/.22 - grab'n go gun
BSA Scorpion .25 - 100M BR at 60 fpe
BSA Horpion .224 - 100M BR at 100 fpe
Evanix Blizzard .357 Bullpup - 220 fpe silhouette shooter
Evanix Sniper X2 .45 - 270 fpe silhouette smacker

Ratty47

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Hastings
  • Postcode: tn38
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 07:13:12 PM »

rkr..  Thank you.

21grains

• BSAOG Marksman
  • Postal Town: Plainville
  • Postcode: 02762
  • Harley-Davidson Airsporter Benjimen MDR,Disco. pcp
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 12:16:42 AM »

El-Gamo Coyote has El-Gamo Trigger not Buccaneer BSA Trigger.

Can You buy BSA Buccaneer Trigger to replace Coyote El-Gamo Trigger, might be the smart way to go. Both Actions and Barrels are made in BSA Factory.

El-Gamo Smooth Action Trigger made in Spain :hee20hee20hee: My side Hurt's from Laughing >Smooooth Action  :hee20hee20hee:
21grains

rkr

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Finland
  • Postcode: 33950
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 04:29:16 AM »

El-Gamo Coyote has El-Gamo Trigger not Buccaneer BSA Trigger.

Can You buy BSA Buccaneer Trigger to replace Coyote El-Gamo Trigger, might be the smart way to go. Both Actions and Barrels are made in BSA Factory.

El-Gamo Smooth Action Trigger made in Spain :hee20hee20hee: My side Hurt's from Laughing >Smooooth Action  :hee20hee20hee:

Both buccaneer and coyote use the infamous gamo trigger group.

21grains

• BSAOG Marksman
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 10:53:34 PM »

"Both buccaneer and coyote use the infamous gamo trigger group."

$#%@&* ..... BSA PCPs Now on sale in USA.....Franky

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1442942052/last-1442970665/Expand+Thread

Lord Long

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Margate Kent
  • Postcode: CT9 3 HL
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 09:23:34 AM »

I don't find the Gamo Coyote bad at all, I have to say I'm not a trigger fanatic, the CD the Rekord, they're  ok to me, to others they are fantastic, it's just a trigger...don't dismiss the Coyote.

21grains

• BSAOG Marksman
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 08:50:58 AM »

Test of Buccaneer w/new BSA LDC "Silentium" Permently Mounted from Factory for American Market. Video Test at 35 & 50Yds w/18.13gr JSB @ 30flb. 3Lb Trigger "w/Creep on 2nd Stage", Americans Hate Trigger Creep. Maybe a Charlie da Tuna Trigger but He (Bob) just Died last Month, He also owned the GTA Forum (USA) RIP Bob.....Franky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl_moys-hAk

Montala

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Leominster
  • Postcode: HR6 0DY
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »

Although it was some months ago that the OP asked this question, it does not appear to have received a direct answer yet, so I will reply by saying that yes, I have just purchased one of these from abroad... from Spain actually, and it was a lot cheaper than buying a Gamo Coyote here in the U.K.... especially as I was not charged anything at all for shipping, and a free tin of 500 JSB Exact pellets were also included!

The Buccaneer is of course still made in Birmingham, and I think it is rather a shame that the decision has been made to list it as an "Export Only" model, as I am sure that there are a lot of folk, like myself who, for whatever reason, would rather purchase a rifle branded as BSA, rather than Gamo.

I will happily provide more details if asked to do so, or indeed if anyone is interested.

Ninapuppy1

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postal Town: SANDOWN, ISLE OF wIGHT
  • Postcode: PO36
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 11:59:34 AM »

Seems to me that the Gamo Coyote gets an unfair hearing,most the reviews rate it as a pretty accurate rifle I prefer the Ultra or Scorpian but fact is the Gamo seems to shoot ok  according to the user reports I've seen ( not just form writers in sponsored airgun magazines either) .  chap on Chinese airgun forum has just imported a BSA Buccaneer picture looks more like a BSA Scorpian in photo certainly not a Coyote with a different badge

Montala

• BSAOG Recruit
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 10:36:38 PM »

That "chap on the Chinese airgun forum" who imported one was actually me, although I haven't posted any pictures of it on there yet!

Presumably the picture you saw was on BSA's own website, or was it somewhere else?

You can certainly save a LOT of money by importing one though!  :wink:

Montala

• BSAOG Recruit
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 10:03:34 AM »

Yes, that was indeed the link I posted, but it was from me website of the company from whom I bought my rifle, rather than the one I actually received, although they are effectively of the same thing!

I think that the stocks might be slightly different, and interestingly the script on the side of the Gamo reads "Made in E.U." mine is definitely says "Made in Birmingham, England." although what difference this actually makes, I am not really sure!

Looking at my stock again, the pattern of the chequering at the front is again different from either picture , and is more like that shown in the BSA 'YouTube' video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_jYpCUzl4

Again, this probably doesn't make any difference in real terms, as it were but is interesting nevertheless, so I will certainly be continuing my research, and investigations.

Montala

• BSAOG Recruit
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 01:02:02 PM »

Hi, further to my previous comments, I have now been informed that as lovely and as much of a bargain as this rifle is, it is in fact illegal to import it into the U.K. unless you hold a shotgun certificate or licence, as  the power output (as supplied) is above the UK legal muzzle-energy limit for air rifles of 12 foot-pounds.

It is of course higher in other European countries, such as Spain, Portugal, Germany, and probably a few others also.

I am no legal expert, but would strongly advise therefore that any prospective purchasers do a bit of 'in depth" research beforehand.

Presumably this is why it is shown as an "Export Only" item on BSA's website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up