BSA Owners Group

• December 13, 2018, 03:21:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great service from Highland Outdoors....  (Read 552 times)

guitarsteve

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postal Town: colchester
  • Postcode: CO6
Great service from Highland Outdoors....
« on: November 17, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a new Nikko Stirling Targetmaster 'scope & the clear sections of the  flip-up covers that arrived with it, were anything but clear & had the appearance of having been smeared with thinners. The actual seller, although polite, wasn't much help in supplying a replacement set, so I contacted the importer, Highland Outdoors. That same day, I had an email back from Ryan in their service department, informing me that a FOC replacement set was on its way to me & as promised, they arrived the next day.
Last Thursday afternoon, after recharging my Scorpion with my Webley Accupump, I noticed that there was fluid leaking from the pressure gauge. Upon examination, I found that a little rubber plug in the gauge's side had split, causing a little oil to seep out whenever that side was facing down.
The pump was a month out of warranty but nevertheless, I hoped that Highland Outdoors could help me with a replacement plug in order to prevent further fluid loss. I spoke to Ryan & explained the problem & the need for a new plug. I was really surprised when he offered to replace the whole gauge FOC. The replacement arrived first thing this morning & is now fitted to the pump.
I always think that you don't really find out about the quality of a product & its support network until something goes wrong & you need help to rectify things. Everyone's nice to you when you're buying an item & plonking down your cash, it's not until you hit a problem that you really find out just who 'the good guys' are & if you have any sense, that helps formulate whose products you'll remain loyal to when making future purchases............well I do anyway!
For helpfulness, efficiency & quality of after sales service, Highland Outdoors are definitely one of those good guys!
Stephen.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:29:20 PM by guitarsteve »

Ranger22

• BSAOG Global Moderator
  • Postal Town: Campbeltown
  • Postcode: PA28
  • Campbeltown, PA28
Re: Great service from Highland Outdoors....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »

I have never used them but others I know have. They also have said the advice and service is pretty darn good. It makes a change from hearing nothing but bad reports

Al
Bsa Scorpion T10 MTC Viper 6-24x56
Remy 700 SPS Stainless Synthetic 243,Ase utra S5 mod, Jewell trigger,Hawke 6-24x44
Remy 700 SPS Stainless Synthetic 270,T8 mod S&B 3-12x50
Brno22, parkerhale mod, nikko sterling 6x40
Pages: [1]   Go Up