BSA Owners Group

• December 13, 2018, 03:21:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback for The Airgun Centre.........  (Read 1036 times)

guitarsteve

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postal Town: colchester
  • Postcode: CO6
Feedback for The Airgun Centre.........
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:10:45 PM »

If anyone on here has been checking out the Ultra postings recently, they may have noticed that I've just got a new rifle, one of the AGC limited edition Ultra Elites. I'd seen some advance images of it in the airgun press & was totally smitten!
Now this edition was a collaboration between BSA & AGC so the 100 rifles were only available from their retail outlet. I'd read a couple of uncomplimentary reviews in the past, so was a little apprehensive as to what sort of experience I would have, especially as a relatively large (at least to me!) sum was involved.
My first telephone enquiry to AGC regarding the gun was handled by a chap called Trevor Algie, who answered my questions in a friendly but knowledgeable fashion and wasn't at all pushy. As I didn't intend keeping my existing Ultra, I asked if they'd be willing to take it in p/ex and if so, what figure could I expect. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the figure he offered sight-unseen, but he also advised putting it up for sale on Gunstar at a higher price to see how it went. I tried this and within a week my gun sold.
I went ahead and placed a deposit & order for No.21 in .22 and Trevor informed me that they were due in from BSA around 20th Jan. When taking my address details and asking which RFD I'd like delivery to, upon noting my postcode, he had a word with the shop owner (Peter Zamit) and told me that he would be happy to deliver it to me FOC one day on his way home.
I'd have been more than happy to have paid him the standard £15 delivery charge (after all it was about 20 miles out of his way) to not have the bother & further fee involved in collecting it from my nearest RFD, but that kind offer really impressed me.
A week later I had a call from Trevor informing me that unfortunately, Minelli were behind in delivering the stocks to BSA and that would mean the rifles wouldn't arrive until the end of Jan., but he'd keep me posted. A further email informed me that the rifles were due in on Saturday 30th Jan & on that day I had another message confirming that they had arrived and their guys were fitting the Huggett shrouds & moderators prior to testing them & assembling all the components. The following Monday I had a call from Trevor to check that I'd be around on Tuesday morning when Peter Zamit would deliver to me.
Peter called me later that day to check directions to our village and let me know he planned to arrive around lunchtime Tuesday. Sure enough, he arrived bearing 'gifts'. Well not exactly gifts (I had paid for them!) but you know what I mean. As well as the rifle in its uber-smart, black, AGC logo'd hard case, were the boxes for the Airmax scope & the rifle. I handed over the balance of the cash which included one £5 note, which he just quietly handed back, saying that it wasn't necessary! Unfortunately, he couldn't stay for a coffee & a chat as his wife was in the car and they were en route to the dentist. We shook hands as he left and I thanked him for the trouble he'd gone to in delivering my gun, "No. Thank you for choosing us to do business with" he said.
Inside the large & expensive looking box that the Airmax scope had been in, there were 2 tins of 500 Air Arms Field pellets and a box of Bisley targets. Also included was a smart looking Certificate of Authenticity signed by BSA's Simon Moore & Peter Zamit, my rifle's test certificate & its lifetime guarantee & free servicing details.
The gun itself? Well nestled against the egg-box foam in that smart case, it looked fantastic. AGC had pre-fitted the mounts & scope and the Huggett items had also been fitted faultlessly.
Well that's my personal encounter with The Airgun Centre and on that basis, would have no hesitation recommending them to anyone on this forum. From the above, it would be hard not to, wouldn't it?
Stephen.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:13:09 PM by guitarsteve »

Focus

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postcode: RH5
Re: Feedback for The Airgun Centre.........
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:30:49 PM »

Well that's fantastic! Always good to see a positive review and I'm sure service like that will see a lot of loyal customers well into the future. I did see that Ultra on their site and it looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of Huggett mods & shrouds and the ultra looks superb, I was tempted myself! The icing on the cake is the lifetime free servicing & guarantee, hmnnn I might have to pay AGC a visit!

Congratulations on the Ultra ...be great to see a mini review of it when you have a chance!  :sign0009: :wink:
BSA R10 Mk2 .177
MTC Viper Connect 3-12x24 scope
Daystate MK 4 Target .177
Hawke AirMax  6-24x50
Feinwerkbau Model 80 Match Pistol

guitarsteve

• BSAOG Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:30:47 AM »

It's good to be able to be positive about something these days and being a 'grumpy old git' (so my wife tells me!) I'm always the first to complain when things aren't right!
I do intend writing a little review of the Elite sometime soon.
Stephen.

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
  • Postal Town: birmingham
  • Postcode: ws90pe
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 07:49:14 AM »

They treated you well on this Steve, my mrs tells me im grumpy lol. Maybe a lerrer to the AGC daying thatnks they might say thanks on there next youtube videa to you haha. Havnt seen your ultra but when you get chance see if you can upload some pics

guitarsteve

• BSAOG Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »

Hello Arron,
I did try to upload some photos after Chris (seamaster) asked me. Unfortunately, the site's server wouldn't accommodate them, so I ended up emailing a few to him. It's been suggested that I use a photo hosting site & link them from there, but I haven't had time to look into that yet. I will do though. In the meantime, I'm intending to put a (non-expert!) review of my Ultra Elite up on the site very soon.
Stephen.

arron yeates

• BSAOG Snr Rifleman
  • Postal Town: birmingham
  • Postcode: ws90pe
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »

Fair play Steve, hopefully you can let us no how it shoots aswell. Looks wlawsome from the pics. I wouldnt wana use it lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up