BSA Owners Group

• March 19, 2019, 08:10:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two choices of weapon but which one!!??  (Read 1394 times)

matlip

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Wimbledon
  • Postcode: SW19 1NS
Two choices of weapon but which one!!??
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:53:58 AM »

A little help here from enthusiasts who has owned both HW100 and the R10.

I have been shooting since 1976 and have shot many rifles and many calibres and yet I still fall back to a 177 and in FAC. Please don't tax my mind with why bother with 177 FAC, all I know that shooting 10.3 grains at 900 fps suites my needs perfectly.

The question is, "Which rifle do I buy, a HW100 or an R10" in 177 FAC. I have owned a 177 FAC HW100 and loved it but sold it to buy a Wildcat, which unfortunately I think it's a pile of crap. I know that BSA cold forged barrels are very accurate and I really like the way the mag is below the scope rail as is the HW100. What bothers me is the reports of the R10 having several issues which reliabilty hense why there is a MK2 and I have heard a MK3.

Can someone(s) convince me either way and I am not looking at other manufacturers other than BSA ot Weihrauch.

rkr

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Finland
  • Postcode: 33950
Re: Two choices of weapon but which one!!??
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 11:01:41 AM »

Used R10 sent for HUMA regulator and tune?
Huub Viking Mk2 Bullpup.177/.22 - grab'n go gun
BSA Scorpion .25 - 100M BR at 60 fpe
BSA Horpion .224 - 100M BR at 100 fpe
Evanix Blizzard .357 Bullpup - 220 fpe silhouette shooter
Evanix Sniper X2 .45 - 270 fpe silhouette smacker

Tony500

• BSAOG Basic Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Exeter
  • Postcode: EX4
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:31:26 AM »

Do you think your choice might depend on why you bought the Wildcat? I too got a Wildcat, but didn't get rid of my BSA, no way. I was looking for a small, light gun and with good shot count, the Wildcat seemed to fit. But when I take my regged Ultra out of the cupboard, it shoots great first shot. When I do the same with the Wildcat I have to fiddle with it for ten minutes then its fine and does carry better than the Ultra. The reason I prefer bsa though, is they are relatively cheap, easy to strip, easy to get parts, most parts are interchangeable,  robust and HUMA make regs for them. I think I'm just going to bullpup an Ultra myself to get my perfect gun. For you though, if you still wanted a bullpup, have you checked out the conversion kits for the HW100 from Blackpool Air Rifles. Otherwise I would go for a second hand R10 mk2, strip it and HUMA reg it. I'd be interested to hear what you found so bad about the Wildcat, but probably best to put it in the Everything Else section though.

rkr

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Finland
  • Postcode: 33950
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:40:06 PM »

Do you think your choice might depend on why you bought the Wildcat? I too got a Wildcat, but didn't get rid of my BSA, no way. I was looking for a small, light gun and with good shot count, the Wildcat seemed to fit. But when I take my regged Ultra out of the cupboard, it shoots great first shot. When I do the same with the Wildcat I have to fiddle with it for ten minutes then its fine and does carry better than the Ultra. The reason I prefer bsa though, is they are relatively cheap, easy to strip, easy to get parts, most parts are interchangeable,  robust and HUMA make regs for them. I think I'm just going to bullpup an Ultra myself to get my perfect gun. For you though, if you still wanted a bullpup, have you checked out the conversion kits for the HW100 from Blackpool Air Rifles. Otherwise I would go for a second hand R10 mk2, strip it and HUMA reg it. I'd be interested to hear what you found so bad about the Wildcat, but probably best to put it in the Everything Else section though.

Sidelever pins falling out, mag indexing stops working, trigger linkage lever breaking, gun jamming. Of those FX has fixed the trigger lever for new production.

DIY pup is a good idea but I would suggest making it a front cocker while you are at it.

ultra stu

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: bristol
  • Postcode: bs48
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:44:13 PM »

Well im with you 100% on fac .177
I have a scorp fac. And it gives 35 shots and is light and very accurate. No reg involved.
I also have a .25 wild cat .which im lucky enough to be amazingly good .

Im not sold on hw s at all .even the hw 100 and havent heard about a good fac one yet .
I like r10 s but the reg puts me off .
Get a scorpion and convert it yourself or through your rfd .
Very easy to do .
A ultra could also work too .

villaman

• BSAOG Marksman
  • Postal Town: Wimborne Dorset
  • Postcode: bh21
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 06:57:25 PM »

Nothing wrong with HW100 , r10 if you can get a good one 
Have you thought about MFR , rapid  or one of these http://impactairguns.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=1&product_id=16
Pages: [1]   Go Up