BSA Owners Group

• November 17, 2018, 01:26:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R10 or Goldstar? (first BSA in a long time).  (Read 177 times)

neil

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: thirsk
  • Postcode: yo7
R10 or Goldstar? (first BSA in a long time).
« on: September 06, 2018, 12:46:22 PM »

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out here....

I'm about to buy my first BSA since I owned a BSA underlever (not sure which one it was), many many years ago.

I've been in the shop and I am torn between a Goldstar and the R10. I really can't choose between them.  I'll be using the new rifle for a bit of hunting and wasting many afternoons benchrest plinking.

I was wondering how do these guns compare accuracy wise?  The thing that worries me is that I have a HW100 which is extremely accurate, and I hope my new BSA will match it.  So.… theoretically, which do you think I should go for with accuracy as my main concern?

Obviously - I know you can get a good or bad example with any rifle so it's always a bit of a gamble.

thanks in advance for any input :)

skyranger

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Bedford
  • Postcode: MK43 7TD
Re: R10 or Goldstar? (first BSA in a long time).
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 09:07:59 PM »

Hi,

Like you I have a Weihrauch HW100 which is a beautiful rifle and, although I am hesitant to say this on this forum, my favourite by a margin. However, I also have a Goldstar se with the peppered stock. I bought it as, unlike the Weihrauch, it has an adjustable stock which makes it more comfortable to shoot. It has a great trigger and is very accurate although I have to admit I am not so confident with it as the Weihrauch. The best pellets I found after much testing were the Bisley Magnums. This might be different for you but if you buy the Golstar I recommend you give them a try. I realise this post does not help you choose between the two BSA models but if you settle on the Goldstar I doubt you will be disappointed. Whatever you do though, if your finances permit, don’t get rid of the Weihrauch!

rkr

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Finland
  • Postcode: 33950
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »

Goldstar has better barrel according to BSA so it should have an edge on accuracy. That being said most BSA barrels have excellent accuracy so you might get just as good barrel with R10. Both have crappy regulators and adjustable triggers + use the same action. If shotcount doesn't matter I'd be tempted to get a Goldstar. Unless of course you need a compact gun, then the carbine version of R10 would be my choice.
Huub Viking Mk2 Bullpup.177/.22 - grab'n go gun
BSA Scorpion .25 - 100M BR at 60 fpe
BSA Horpion .224 - 100M BR at 100 fpe
Evanix Blizzard .357 Bullpup - 220 fpe silhouette shooter
Evanix Sniper X2 .45 - 270 fpe silhouette smacker

burnleybob

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Burnley
  • Postcode: BB12
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 08:25:01 PM »

I was at the same place, opted for the R10. Just felt like it was gonna be a good field gun when I shouldered it.

What did you opt for in the end?

ATB

Bob
Keep going...never stop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up