BSA Owners Group

• December 15, 2018, 08:19:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi All...  (Read 73 times)

DeLaRue

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Woodford Green
  • Postcode: IG8 9JU
Hi All...
« on: September 09, 2018, 03:43:05 PM »

Hi...just joined this group so thought I would say hello....so hello!
I have just bought a BSA Martini International MKII, it's a bit frayed round the edges (and I know that this subject divides opinion) but I intend to try & restore it sympathetically to original condition, fingers crossed!
I'll keep you posted if anyone is interested, thanks!
Regards...

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown.
  • Postcode: WA7
Re: Hi All...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 08:53:37 PM »

Hello .... welcome to the BSAOG!   :welcome:

Good luck with the restoration. I've had a 12/15 and a MkIII, and they were both superb rifles. Do you intend to shoot prone, or benchrest - or just as a club plinker?

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Dating%20your%20rifle.htm

http://rifleman.org.uk/BSA_Martini_International_Mks.I_&_%20II.html

Try contacting John Knibbs. I'm sure he will be able to give you a lot of information about your rifle if you tell him about the various markings on it.   :wink:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:13:10 PM by 1066 »
Les

DeLaRue

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Woodford Green
  • Postcode: IG8 9JU
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 07:48:17 PM »

Hi Les...please accept my apologies for not responding sooner, it's been a manic life lately!
I intend to shoot benchrest with it & hopefully enter the Eley comps at Bisley in November, probably get a few looks from my fellow competitors with all that glass on top & scaffolding  on their stocks but who cares? It's the taking part that counts...
I will probably plink at my club as well......I presume you no longer have your BSA's? The stock on mine has been done & all the metalwork has gone away to be London Blacked so looking forward to getting it all back together, I'll post some pics when it's finished.
All the best Les!
Kindest regards,
Stuart

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown.
  • Postcode: WA7
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 11:10:32 AM »

The cost or complexity of a rifle does not guarantee good results, so you have a very good chance of doing well with your Martini. They can still compete, due mainly to their superb barrels. The BSA's seem to love Eley Match , but I'm sure you'll have your own favourite ammunition.

The MkIII - because of its weight and heavy bull barrel - makes a superb benchrest rifle. I sold mine to buy "better" rifles, but my results weren't much - if any - better.  :03:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:14:16 AM by 1066 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up