BSA Owners Group

• November 17, 2018, 01:27:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideal Action  (Read 46 times)

Cyclopse

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postal Town: Leyland
  • Postcode: PR25
  • Well done is better than well said.
    • Blacburn Outdoor Airgun Club
Ideal Action
« on: November 10, 2018, 08:53:49 PM »

It's not often I shoot my guns in the garden, don't want to upset the neighbours but this morning I thought I would check my zero's and put them through the chrono. I have exactly 28yds sitting at a table to targets.
I don't like using euphemisms like pellet on pellet or one hole but my Goldstar SE is as near I will ever get to one hole shots, it is so accurate. The AA S510, I love the side lever action, so smooth, a joy to shoot. The Scorpion is probably 10 years old and another pleasure to shoot.
I then thought of the good points of each rifle thinking why don't BSA do a side lever action, how good would that be on the likes of the R-10, Goldstar or Scorpion. But they do, Look at the new Bullpup the Defiant, That action in a full sized gun would be worth looking at. Any chance of that happening?
BSA Gold Star SE .177, Tench Regged
BSA Scorpion T10 .177, Tench Regged
BSA Airsporter .22
AA S510 .22, Tench Regged
Brocock Atomic PCP Pistol .22

Ranger22

• BSAOG Global Moderator
  • Postal Town: Campbeltown
  • Postcode: PA28
  • Campbeltown, PA28
Re: Ideal Action
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 07:49:58 AM »

I don’t know.

I would like to think BSA are always thinking ahead and designing new and interesting airguns but in reality I don’t think they do. To me they appear one step behind. I will still keep to BSA guns, I do like what I have and it suits my uses perfectly
Bsa Scorpion T10 MTC Viper 6-24x56
Remy 700 SPS Stainless Synthetic 243,Ase utra S5 mod, Jewell trigger,Hawke 6-24x44
Remy 700 SPS Stainless Synthetic 270,T8 mod S&B 3-12x50
Brno22, parkerhale mod, nikko sterling 6x40

K38

• BSAOG Rifleman
  • Postal Town: OSLO
  • Postcode: 0474
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 06:49:02 PM »

What you have to remember is BSA is not its own master..
  Taken over by the Spanish company Gamo several years ago because they did not invest and prosper ..
  BSA is lucky to a point, so many British companies have been purchased and asset stripped and the name sold on ebay..
  Just look at webley as an example, several disastrous years and now everything comes from Turkey..Webley who ??
  Gamo is a volume seller and invested heavily in producing air rifles cheaper than yesterday.
  Gamo has a PCP that is made from BSAs parts bin and until they see a very large demand for PCPs BSA is safe..
  You can see from some of the abominations that BSA has set on the market in recent time that there design and R&D is very limited..
  They do well with the very old designs from years back but basically nothing new .
  As an example of a present thread, they cant even nickle plate a part without it flaking off but thats why we love them.. :25:
  With an MD that could see no future in Bull Pups they end up with a dogs breakfast just to have on display..
  When you look at Air Arms 100% British you can see it can be done correctly and they produce world bating air rifles..
  Unless some one can take back BSA from Gamo the future is much of a same so to speak..
  At least there are many of the older air rifles from BSA out there .Purchase renovate and educate your youngsters of what quality was/is and they will never buy a Gamo..
   K38.

rkr

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Finland
  • Postcode: 33950
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 07:13:01 PM »

Making a sidelever version of BSA is enterily possible, just takes an engineer, a milling machine and some experimentation (with proper engineer it should work at first try). The fact that they don't want to do it tells a story about their innovation and R&D level.
Huub Viking Mk2 Bullpup.177/.22 - grab'n go gun
BSA Scorpion .25 - 100M BR at 60 fpe
BSA Horpion .224 - 100M BR at 100 fpe
Evanix Blizzard .357 Bullpup - 220 fpe silhouette shooter
Evanix Sniper X2 .45 - 270 fpe silhouette smacker
Pages: [1]   Go Up