BSA Owners Group

• January 21, 2019, 02:59:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: scorpion problems  (Read 55 times)

evo chris

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: stonehaven
  • Postcode: ab39
scorpion problems
« on: January 12, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »

hi guys bought my scorpion se about 3 weeks ago and the pressure gauge on the gun is faulty  the place i bought the gun from are being less than helpful never answer their phone wont reply to emails and are stadoffish   on farcebook , can i contact BSA direct and do i want too ,,  been looking about and pricing sending the rifle to BSA and im cheaper to just but a rat works gauge off ebay , yes this will mess with the warranty but how good is the warranty and how likley is it the gun will go wrong during this period     

cheers
            chris

rkr

• BSAOG Snr Marksman
  • Postal Town: Finland
  • Postcode: 33950
Re: scorpion problems
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 10:19:29 AM »

Have you tried loosening up the gauge a bit, in case the o-ring is mushed and blocks the air from entering the gauge?
Huub Viking Mk2 Bullpup.177/.22 - grab'n go gun
BSA Scorpion .25 - 100M BR at 60 fpe
BSA Horpion .224 - 100M BR at 100 fpe
Evanix Blizzard .357 Bullpup - 220 fpe silhouette shooter
Evanix Sniper X2 .45 - 270 fpe silhouette smacker

RANCiDTOM

• Registered Firearms Dealer
  • BSAOG Technical Officer
  • Postal Town: MANCHESTER (not Swindon)
  • Postcode: SN2
  • Not scared to speak the truth!
    • www.airgunclinic.co.uk
Re: scorpion problems
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 11:37:13 AM »

As RKR said above, if the gauge has been over-tightened it causes the O ring seal to block the air passage to the gauge, loosen it half a turn and see if it reads, if not you may actually have a faulty gauge (not impossible, I've changed a few!) A new gauge can be bought and fitted without removing any of the BSA ant-tamper measures, so if you returned the gun with the original gauge fitted (in the event of anything else failing during warranty) how would they know you'd changed the gauge?
I'm 99% certain it's just that the gauge has been over-tightened, if the O ring has been damaged (unlikely but possible) you can easily fit a new one, the size and type is BS106 NBR70. When unscrewing a gauge to replace an O ring do it slowly, when you hear air escaping stop unscrewing, leave it to allow the hissing to stop, then unscrew a bit more until hisses again and it's vented all the air. Unscrewing too rapidly can launch the gauge into low orbit!
My postcode isn't SN2 it's M21!
GMP Registered Firearms Dealer
Gunsmith for AirGunClinic
http://www.airgunclinic.co.uk  back up and running...
Pages: [1]   Go Up