BSA Owners Group

• July 24, 2019, 04:44:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yes! Finally got myself a nice R10  (Read 167 times)

theobean

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Stafford
  • Postcode: ST17 0PJ
Yes! Finally got myself a nice R10
« on: May 18, 2019, 04:04:40 PM »

Hi Everyone, I've not been on here for a while. Life has been getting in the way of hobbies.

Ive finally managed to pick up a nice looking Mk2 R10, approx age 2012?

Ive not gotten round to doing any proper pellet testing yet. Maybe about 50 shots of 4 different types.
One thing I've noticed is that the cocking doesn't feel as smooth now as it did when I started.

Has anyone any tips for what I should be doing before progressing?
I don't think the rifle has been used much. It was a little dusty, which has all been cleaned off, but I've not stripped anything down.

Thanks.

Kelba1946

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Acle
  • Postcode: NR13 3RE
Re: Yes! Finally got myself a nice R10
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »

Surprised no one has commented yet.  I have an R10 Se in .22 FAC and love it, it's accurate has a good shot count but they are not without issues in standard trim. There are a number of things you can do to greatly improve them.

1.0 As the gun is 5 years old and seen little use it warrants a total strip and reseal, seals like to be under pressure all the time.  When I stripped mine which is a similar vintage it had a lot of oil floating around.
2.0 Polish the sears, the factory finish of the sears is frankly appalling with visible machining marks on the engagements and shows a poor regard for quality control.  The trigger is really sweet after polishing the sears, this is not a difficult job.
3.0 Consign the factory regulator to the bin where it rightfully belongs.  Fit a Huma this gives better shot count and very low variation in fps.
4.0 Fit a stainless steel pellet probe, sounds like the nickel plating on yours is starting to break down.  It the nickel gets into the barrel or other parts it can do significant damage.

Take a look at the videos on the XTX-Air website, they give full instructions for each job.  Also they supply both the Huma regulator, stainless probe and full seal kits.  As I said none of this is difficult if you are reasonably good with basic hand tools.  Do all the above you will end a with a reliable and very accurate gun that is a real joy to own and shoot.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up