BSA Owners Group

• August 17, 2019, 10:51:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gamo Coyote Black .177  (Read 23 times)

JAY AYE

• BSAOG Recruit
  • Postal Town: Parafield Gardens S.A. 5107
  • Postcode: 5107
Gamo Coyote Black .177
« on: August 16, 2019, 04:23:25 AM »

Where can I get information on the Gamo Coyote Black .177 These Air Rifles are unregulated and come in various powers, for the English market 16 joule and for countries that have no restrictions other higher powers. Australia does not have  restrictions except in my case a Target Match I wish to try has a internal Rule of 16 joule, a Firearms Dealer here in Adelaide South Australia has one in stock however 27 joule, my question is this (and can it be done ) what differences are the internals between the two powers, if there are some different parts can they be swapped out and then regulate with what ever brand after market Regulator. This is something I have on my mind and being unexperienced I need some experience to advise if this can be done

RANCiDTOM

• Registered Firearms Dealer
  • BSAOG Technical Officer
  • Postal Town: MANCHESTER (not Swindon)
  • Postcode: SN2
  • Not scared to speak the truth!
    • www.airgunclinic.co.uk
Re: Gamo Coyote Black .177
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:05:48 AM »

Fit a HuMa reg, a lightweight hammer, lightweight spring guide with 16j hammer spring, then adjust to get yourself exactly where you need. If the transfer tube is larger than 4mm then you would need to fit a 4mm version but I don't think they are over 4mm on the 27j version. The standard (unregulated) transfer tube on the 16j version would be 3mm if I remember correctly, this is too restrictive for a regulated rifle.
My postcode isn't SN2 it's M21!
GMP Registered Firearms Dealer
Gunsmith for AirGunClinic
http://www.airgunclinic.co.uk  back up and running...
Pages: [1]   Go Up